09 October 2007

Fall Update #3

Personal Stuff:

1) Most obvious of our personal updates this Fall is Baby Erskine growing in my womb :) Baby is now weighing a whole pound and is putting some fat on his/her little body. Baby moves around, sucks his/her thumb, and is slowly but surely taking over my body :) I couldn't believe it when I noticed my non-existent belly-button the other morning. Things are starting to get tight in there!

2) Also about Baby, Lynn and I have finished our first set of three prenatal sessions. There are 10 young couples in our class, all of whom are due right around the same time as us. The busy schedule has been a little tiring, but we've loved getting to know and share stories with other couples in the same or similar boat.

3) Other wonderful news is that the Lord is also providing the things we need for Baby when he/she arrives. It has been my personal favorite thing to write down very specific needs that we have and then leave them in the Lords hands, knowing that He will guide me in the purchasing, or provide some other way. I keep crossing things off my list because they just fell across my lap. Thank you Lord!

4) In general, we are growing and being stretched to be sure; but we are also in a safe place with loving friends and family nearby, and a supportive and caring church body. I've never known a church to be so in tune to our needs and ready to help. We are truly blessed, and so enjoying our new friendships here.

Well, be blessed!!!
Natasha

2 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Thanks for the update. We miss you!

Chelsea Gallant said...

So great to hear your update, and to hear that the Lord is providing for your needs for Baby Erskine. What a faithful God we serve! I can't imagine having a little baby invade your body, however I'm sure it's a strange but wonderful feeling! That's what I've heard anyway! :)