02 June 2009

Yvette

Yesterday was a day I will not soon forget. The morning was bright and hopeful, the office-time was productive, we had good family time, and I got over 80% of our lawn mowed on one tank of gas. (The only downside was the way I kept thinking about our carbon footprint as I mowed down the would-be hay field that now looks like our backyard again.) It was one of those days that just felt right.

Though not near as thoughtful as my Larry King musings from last Thursday, I knew I would blog about Yvette in the middle of our conversation - part of what contributed to an overall fantastic day. Yvette is a woman I met at Suckling and Chase. It is rumored that Suckling and Chase is the oldest florist in North America still in their original location. If everyone gets treated the way Yvette treats us, I can see why that is.

Yesterday Natasha had one of those days when she just needed cheering up. Flowers can help, but it was one of those days when a quick trip to Superstore's flower section just wouldn't cut it. Yesterday required class, attention to detail, and something extra-special. I asked for Yvette as soon as someone answered at Suckling and Chase because she has served us so well before. She came on the phone, I asked her what cheery flowers they had in stock, and she told me. What struck me was that, despite being almost a year since I last bought flowers from Suckling and Chase and despite that I gave no name, she saw no face, etc., Yvette said, "Actually, I think your wife really likes those yellow roses with the red-orange tips, doesn't she?" How did she remember that? How did she remember Natasha so well? How did she know it was us? Because she knew exactly what would make my wife's day, I ordered the flowers on the spot.

Honestly, I can count the good services experiences I've had in Truro on one hand. It says something about a person and a company when three of those experiences have now been with Yvette from Suckling and Chase on Prince St. Cheers to Yvette!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that Yvette is an awesome lady. I hope she reads this...