15 March 2005

Thinking Late at Night Again

(Yes, I know...I'm double-posting again.)

I was thinking late at night again, everyone. (Funny how I say "everyone" when I know few people read this, in the grand scheme of things.) We all know how dangerous this is, but this time it was good. I almost called this post "Precious" because of the guy with whom I was thinking, but I assumed you all would think he was actually Smeagol. (He wasn't.)

I think about people a lot. When I see people, it doesn't take long for me to gather an impression. Usually I get rid of my initial impressions because that's called pre-judging or prejudice (please see my post about homosexuals). However, I occasionally see people whose impressions on me are so great that I rejoice when they are correct. I was up late the other night, thinking with one such person. This guy's life reminds me that emotions and good relationships are so valuable that you might even call them precious. While some people guard their time and money, which do nothing but waste away, others guard their hearts and minds. Hearts and minds can be developed. Emotions are beautiful (even negative ones). Relationships are treasures. In a world that values many things at the expense of emotions and relationships, it felt good to be reminded that these are time-honored blessings. If you know the Jew (you know whom I mean) and you don't have this impression, then you should stand back and take a longer look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do know the jew, and i agree.
good words, lynn

Anonymous said...

I always read your blog. Love you and miss you.