20 June 2005

Child Prodigy?

So, on my business trip to Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia I did a drive-by "Suprise! Happy Father's Day!" to my dad. He was shocked, as was the whole family. It was especially delightful to see my baby sister, Bailey, again. She looks a lot like me when I was a baby. (Hopefully the cute will last for her.) She is also a child prodigy like I was...okay, you're right, I wasn't. She, however, is seventeen (17) months old and counted out loud to ten while I held her on Saturday. Yeah...counted to ten. I even understood what she was saying. I know three year olds that can't even count to ten yet. Sheesh.

Before you are impressed to strongly to send your calculus assignments to this little prodigy, bear in mind that she won't walk. That's right, won't. She can; I saw her. She just prefers to crawl. In other words, she's smart enough to count, but she's not smart enough to realize that walking is faster and more efficient. Hmmm....prodigy?

Oh, yeah, for those of you that know me well enough to get this, she rocks in her (stationary) chair when she's excited or hears music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim and I missed out, I'm sorry our visit didn't happen. Our bad!

Sounds like you had a great trip. Viva NPR!

<3

"Hi, Natasha!"