21 June 2005

Something to Remember

I remembered something tonight that I doubt I'll ever forget. While driving home from the airport, the student with me said, "You know, I love doing things in the rain." All I could think about was the night in the rain. (If you're offended by mushy things, please move on to another post.)

Natasha and I went to my family's house for Easter weekend. We had been dating only a short period of time. Kissing and holding hands were still new between the two of us. (They still feel new.) We held hands, walking through the streets of Millsboro, Delaware. We passed houses, the school, a few churches. I wanted to show her Cupalo Park, a very nice area in the small town, when it started to rain. Our conversation had been very sweet, and as I looked over at her, she seemed to shine with beauty. The rain picked up, and there we were in Cupalo Park, in a downpour. The rain was warm and steady, and I had the urge to kiss Natasha. So I did. It was a Bethany-appropriate kiss, for those of you who actually buy the "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" bondage. Still, it was a perfect kiss. We just stood there for a moment, realizing that we just had a movie moment. I'll never forget how pure and romantic that evening was. I'll never forget how exhilirated I felt on our walk back to my parents' place.

The moral of this story: Remember. Your relationships will be better because of it.

2 comments:

matthew said...

that's a nice story

especially b/c it's true :)

Rachael said...

awwwww... That is soo sweet. I love mush!