16 February 2006

Disappointing Days

It's really disappointing when you call your dad to wish him Happy Anniversary and are greeted by a mechanical voice that says, "The number ***-***-**** has been disconnected." I knew Dad and the fam were moving, but he said he'd call with the new number and address. They did not. (Still haven't.) Fortunately, I had Dad's cell phone number. (To his credit, the fam has gone exclusively to cell phone use, so there wasn't a new number to give.) We talked, but that was very disappointing. Why wouldn't he call, when they moved two weeks ago?

I'm dealing with this. Pray for me to face it honestly and to move quickly to forgiveness. It's a little bit more difficult because I've had a series of disappointing days recently.

On the other hand, both AP and James called me this week. That was a blessing on both counts.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hey, I'm new to blogger and just caught your note. I'm dealing with dad stuff too as I shared on your last visit to our house. It seems to go in waves. I know the struggles and you aren't alone. I will say a word for you.