21 November 2006

Hysterical

When was the last time you saw a good lawn ornament? When was the last time you thought about one? I laughed almost the entire ride home last night after a conversation about them. While describing a colorful man I know, I began to talk about his property. I explained how the man's home and garage look much like a Foxworthy routine. I said, "In the front yard," when Elizabeth inserted the question, "Lawn ornaments...?" The look on her face and questioning voice were stuck in my head. I was going to reference tools, car parts, and, yes, lawn ornaments. But the timing of her joke was perfect! So, Elizabeth, this one's for you. I found these lawn ornaments and thought of you. (That's probably the first and last time anyone has ever said that of you.)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOL. Love the turtles! They are a refreshing, colorful and friendly alternative to the overdone and dreaded Garden Gnome.

Jo said...

you know what kind of lawn ornament i despise? those colored glass lawn "globes" that people put on pedestals near their gardens or in front of their houses. hideous!

;)

Melinda said...

Oh no!! Lawn ornaments!!! Yikes. Sorry for all the lovers of the lawn ornaments but I am not a fan of them. It has been a running joke about how much I dislike them. I'd have to say the "pretend dog" digging in the dirt and the bending over ladies are high on my list of the worst ones. Oh and lets not forget the creatures whose legs spin around and around when its windy....creepy if you ask me.

Heather Durkee said...

I find it interesting how if you have lawn ornaments everywhere (or even a few) I automatically, subconsiously think of your house as a crappy house!

I am surprised this didn't sway me when we were looking at our house before we bought it. We had the beloved "lawn geese" around one of our trees. **Insert gag here***

also- immigration story up.

YouthPastorChic said...

Lynner, it's been a while since I've the heard the words "lawn ornaments." I hated them growing up because it meant that we couldn't go on the lawn and play. Haha.
It's been awhile since we talked. How are things going? Say hi to Natasha for me.