29 November 2006

Thinking About God

Why is it that sometimes I can think about God forever, exploring many thoughts about what makes Him who He is? Why is it that other times I seem to feel a resolve inside that God just is without thinking about Him at all? These questions aren't really questions. I'm not troubled by them. I'm just reflecting on how fleeting my thoughts are. God has spoken to me through my thoughts. He has revealed Himself to me through them on many occasions. The more I know Him, though, the less I have to mull Him over. There comes a point in our journeys in which we realize we can just trust Him - just accept Him for who He is. The mental struggles are still there, but they seem considerably less important than His overwhelming glory. When was the last time you had that moment?

No comments: