24 September 2007

Active

We had our September doctor's appointment today for Baby Erskine. Among other things, our doctor attempted to listen to the baby's heart rate with her dopplar instrument. She tried for several minutes, indicating a lot of static and trouble hearing the heartbeat. "There it is!...Oh...Hmm...," she'd say. We heard maybe a beat or two. Then she said, "The baby is rolling around, I can hear that!" Then after several more minutes, "Okay, those bumps are the baby kicking the dopplar." Finally, she said, "Okay, a baby who keeps kicking obviously has a heartbeat. I'm just going to write 'active baby.'" Active baby. That apple isn't going to fall far from the tree. ;)

In other news, our big ultrasound is tomorrow. We're not going to find out the gender. Natasha actually thinks she's okay with that, so we're just going to see our baby tomorrow and wait for the surprise. Sorry to Ang and all you other blog-reading, gender-interested friends.

LRE

5 comments:

Chelsea Gallant said...

Uh-huh, active baby! Fits Baby Erskine perfectly! ;) Sadness that you're not going to find out the gender, but I agree that the surprise of finding out is worth waiting. Glad to hear all is well!

Elizabeth said...

Definitely a great excercise in patience and self-control waiting for the gender to be revealed at delivery. It's great to be surprised!

Heather Durkee said...

active baby. hilarious. Read your yahoo mail because I emailed you at work and it bounced back.

I thought you were going to tell me you were having twins too as it was reading this.

Angela said...

Well I already commented on your facebook. Baby Erskine is beautiful and so perfect. Congrats you guys. I think it's awesome you're waiting (I'm serious! ;-)
It will be such a great surprise!

Sarah Beth said...

I can't believe how big the baby is already. It just seems like yesterday that you told us you were pregnant, and now look! I am so excited for you guys! As for knowing the sex of the baby I think it will be great either way :)