06 November 2007

More Time

It seems more time passes between our posts lately. It reminds me of the summer, when we seemingly had so much free time! I remember thinking to myself, "The fall is going to kick in with a vengeance; I hope we're prepared for the adjustment!" It's been a good adjustment, but we're not posting as much. I could get into the philosophical implications behind how we spend our time, or I could whine about not having enough time. Instead, I'll face the fact that we have tons of time and give a brief update:

1) This is an exciting week because of the Symphony Nova Scotia Remembrance Day concert taking place Sunday night. We're performing Brahms' German Requiem, a requiem based on Scripture rather than on the traditional Catholic mass. It's a beautiful piece with some beautiful text! You can buy tickets online through the SNS website.

2) Natasha is no longer participating with the Cantabile Singers in town because she needs to spend more time taking care of herself and our unborn child. We're doing a music theater event, so stay tuned.

3) Post-Tropical Storm Noel (a name I frankly find funny - like "the storm formerly known as a hurricane) was a little scary, but it did little damage to our home. However, my favorite tree was almost destroyed. After a little yard work yesterday, I think it's salvageable. We lost no power, so that was a huge blessing!

4) Natasha's worship leadership at the Convention's pastors' wives retreat apparently went well. She enjoyed the speaker and times of worship. I'm glad she's home. :)

5) Baby seems to be doing well. We're going in for a check-up because we're having some weird pains. Don't panic though; no one else seems to be. Just pray. :)

6) I'm late to give a piano lesson, so that's all for now. :)

LE

4 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

listen to your voice mail.

miss you!

Angela said...

I was going to say that I did not accept this post because it did not have a picture of Natasha with it, but then I saw at the end of it that you are teaching piano lessons, and, well...I'm just so proud of you...I can't help but say, "Go Lynner!!!!"
I'm glad you guys survived the storm.
And even though I'm sure the pains are nothing to be concerned about, you're checking it out. Maybe they are Braxton Hicks? I started getting them around this time last year, and Natasha is almost exactly on the same timing I was. Maybe our children will share birthdays!!! ;-)
Life will only get crazier when your baby is born. Remember that YOU need to slow down too!
Love you guys.

Angela said...

**it was supposed to say,
"I'm glad you're checking them out"

Angela said...

I'm fully aware of the fact that this is my THIRD comment on your one post and I take full responsibility for whatever consequences ensue for the "most annoying commenter"...but...I just had to say...you must go to my blog to see pictures of our newest piano virtuoso. She has joined the ranks...yours will be next...