11 November 2007

Ramblings.

Speaking of not posting very much... It feels like forever since I last posted, likley because my mind has been so scrambled I don't know that I have anything of interest to say...

I am currently sitting in our family room on our rather uncomfortable but blessed couch in front of our propane wood stove that has been putting off beautiful heat on this cold day, drinking, not the usual herbal tea with honey, but rather Gatorade. (Gatorade has become my lifeline in recent weeks because of its electrolytes that keep me reasonably hydrated and a little more energetic.)

It was the most wonderful thing to wake up and see snow out my window this morning! I LOVE SNOW!!!! It remnds me of Christmas and hot aple cider, and decorating for Christmas, which reminds me of my birthday when we put up our tree, which then reminds me of our anniversary which happens in the midst of it all... December holds many exciting moments of twinkling lights and sparkling snow... The consumerism is a whole other thing, but I love the special family times, the parties and Christmas gatherings, the delightful presentation of everything, and the way our precious Atlantic provinces get white washed in sparkling snow. I just love it!!!

I think the Lord loves it when we celebrate; however I do think he gets a little lonely at Christmas time. He instituted so many feasts and festivals for the poeple pf Israel and then the Lord's Supper for his disciples... but they were all meant to be celebrations in remembrance of Him. I don't care if the world remembers Him so much because why would they remember and celebrate someone they don't know? I don't blame them for not being al about Jesus just because it's Christmas. But I do think I fall short of remembring Him during the season. It's not so much His birth... if it were all about His birth, then I would much rather celebrate His resurection!!! But I think He wants us, ME, to celebrate His presence, His promises, His Word... that He is among us and will never leave us nor forsake us.

I have been thinking about things like holiday seasons and other "in the world" issues because of our upcoming task of bringing up a child in the way that he/she should go. "As for me and my house, we wil serve the Lord."

Help us, Father to lead and guide our family in all wisdom and understanding by your Holy Spirit. Help us to be grounded in Your Kingdom, not the kingdom of this world with its upside down values and destructive habbits... but may your love radiate in our hearts that they might see you and glorify your name.

Well, in all things, God is at work in us! So here we go, one day at a tine.

(Natasha)

2 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

snow! Wow. I have been actually wanting snow since I am in the Christmas mood. But the whole thanksgiving not happening yet gets in the way.

Angela said...

Yay for snow!! We got a beautiful snow fall here yesterday and today. We don't have any wind, so the snow just lays on the trees and it's so pretty. Definitely a stew & cider day. Since we are not going to be home for thanksgiving (we'll be flying) and we are not going to be around much this holiday season, we put up the tree early so we could enjoy...so I'm starting to get in the Christmas "mood".

May we worship the King without ceasing in our hearts this Christmas! I too get pulled into the splendor of the season and don't give Him as much attention as I wish I did. I had purposed this week that I was going to try my best to be different this year and purpose with all my heart to worship the King amid the chaos.

No worries about pictures...I just look forward to seeing your cute belly! ;-) Have fun in Chicago!!!

Love you too!