31 December 2007

Hallmark Christmas

Tonight in Nova Scotia we are preparing to celebrate the close of 2007 and to kick off another year. Snow and freezing rain have fallen most of the day, enhancing the close of the Christmas season with the wintry landscape that inspired "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas." Dreamers and crooners everywhere fell in love with today, while somewhere an obscure poet wrote about how fitting this all is.

It is in this idyllic mood that we found ourselves at the mailbox today to read about a true Hallmark Christmas. Yes, for the few of you that actually know my dad, his Christmas letter arrived today. And in true holiday fashion, he entitled his epistle "Norman Rockwell is Bleeding." He's always been a poet - among other things.

Some of you have heard me say before that the movie "Big Fish" is about my dad. The first time I saw the main character on the movie I thought, "Hmmm..... He's just like him: witty, wise, active, charming, creative, and a windbag." Yes, windbag. They say today's wind came from a Nor'easter from New Brunswick. I know better. My dad, whom I love dearly, has finally begun to open his grinchy old mouth again.

Merry Christmas, Dad. I love you very much. This one's for you - :)

LE

2 comments:

Chris Massie said...

Hey guys! I sure miss you. When I see that countdown on the top of the page I get excited about baby Erskine! :) I'm sure you are way more than I though.

Also, just letting you know I'm blogging again, so you can check it out again. I need some visitors.

Later

Unknown said...

I love the move Big Fish!!!