20 January 2009

Nothing Original for Today

There is nothing original in a post mentioning President Obama today. I can't help but post anyway because I can't shake the thoughts and inner pondering I'm sorting through. It seems to me that, for better or for worse, we're all learning a significant lesson today. Will we, the Church in North America, see it? Will we be so concerned that he is unlike us that we'll dismiss this God moment, or will we ponder the significance of what is unfolding before our eyes? Will the southeast US (and some Canadians I know who would do well there) be able to support this leader and see how God might use this man, or will their own agendas cloud their perspective? What about my agenda? Do I really get it? I'm not sure, but I am excited. What a unique day!

LE

No comments: