05 May 2005

Getting To It

How many times in the last week have you looked outside (on the nice days) and said to yourself, "What a nice day for exercise!" or something like that? How many times have you done it?

I shouldn't be using the pronoun "you" up there; I should be saying "I." I've looked outside and thought, "It's warming up again. I should get back to last year's exercise plan." Then I lay in bed, enjoying the laziness. People, you need to know this - I AM LAZY. Lazy like lazy. However, it hit me that I need to move it if I'm going to stop dreaming about getting back in shape. I'm not in shape, but I'm glad to say I'm getting to it.

What's the point, you ask? Annoy me this summer, friends. Ask me, post on my blog, whatever...just annoy me by asking if I'm outside. Just beware that I believe equally yoked relationships are the best, so I might return the favor. :) (Misery loves company, in other words.)

5 comments:

matthew said...

Last year when I went to China they asked me to play some basketball with them and after 10-15 minutes I was on the verge of death. I didn't realize I was so out of shape until that day.

This year, before going back to China, I had an exercise plan so that I could better represent American basketball and it worked out pretty well.

But now that I'm back I am lacking motivation. Thanks for the reminder.

Sarah Gomez said...

So... did you go yet???

I have another idea for a form of exercise. I bought Dance Dance Revolution a couple weeks ago. It's quite the workout!!! It's not outside.. but it could be if i found an extension cord for the tv!

Anonymous said...

Just..jsut nevermind. I...I can't do this anymore. I'm going around commenting on blogs, but this is the third one that used god in the first sentance. I've run out of things to say.

Scottie said...

yeah lynn i hear ya,

i have been doing that for the past month here on Manan... the weather has been great and of course i have been starting my exercise program tomorrow... frig, i am annoying that way... i actually just put on my website (www.leeandvaughn.blogspot.com) (yes, that was a cheezy plug) about how important accountability is... so can i ask you to annoy me too??? and i will ask you... please, help me... leighton out...

Scottie said...

hey lynn,
just wanted to check in... convitcted by what you said i started my first of hopefully many workouts yesterday and am on my way into the fitness center now... thanks man, and by the way, how are YOU doing???