30 May 2005

Holter Monitors

I never heard of a holter monitor until very recently. My doctor asked me to have one when I went to visit him last month, simply as a safety precaution. I looked it up to find that it's a small box attached to my belt clip that is connected to several wires. At the end of those wires are several sticky pads attached to various parts of my torso. Electricity is going through my body right now, just to be sure that my heart is functioning well. I'm supposed to record anything weird that happens. Don't you hate it when they tell you that? That only places ideas in your head. I've had this on for one hour and have wondered, "Is my breath short? Was that a chest pain? Am I too warm?" Psychosomatic symptoms are fun, aren't they?

On a different note, my niece Destiny Dawn Emmerson was born on my birthday last week!

3 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Lynn, Happy Belated birthday and thanks for wishing me happy birthday. We were gone for so long and now we are back in Sussex. April and May just flew bye so quickly! Congrats on becoming an uncle-in-law!

Heather Durkee said...

by the way, we are the big 24 now! but your still older...

Scottie said...

yeah, thanks a lot for the freaking accountability lynn... i can't sit down without pain now... let alone run...

actually it was a good reminder of how well i "was" doing and how slack i have been lately... how are you doing in your fitness quest???