04 August 2005

Best man

I'm the best man in my brother's wedding, and he finally gave me something to do. He has been great about sharing his excitement, but he wasn't convinced that he needed to share the work till recently. I came up with a pretty good bachelor's party (for "clean" people), but I'm a little nervous about how it will turn out. It's going to be pretty low key. Finish the wedding rehearsal, go to a sports bar or something, and hang out. The thing is, that's what he wants! I know I didn't want anything spectacular, but it's different when you're the one planning it. He'll love it - wings, peanuts, sports, and he'll probably have a beer. Sounds relaxing for him. It will be fun for all of us there. Why is it, though, that such a relaxing and fun evening seems only to add to the stress I have?

7 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

I hope he has buffalo wings...except in buffalo, we don't call them "buffalo" wings. We just call them wings. And the anchor bar has closed down now and are no longer in business. They were the ones that made buffalo wings famous.

Anonymous said...

hey Lynn, just remember that while at the party, you can embarrass your brother as MUCH as you want.

The joys of being best man are boundless!

Richards' said...

Weddings become stressful no matter what you do... I was so glad when mine was over! Now it is just the stress of getting our house in order ;)

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you'll be in DE, once again?

Heidi said...

Hey-My sis is engaged now...freaking out!Also,we sang "I have decided to follow Jesus" in church this morning and I thought of you and how much you dislike that song!-Heidi

Heidi said...

Hey-My sis is engaged now...freaking out!Also,we sang "I have decided to follow Jesus" in church this morning and I thought of you and how much you dislike that song!-Heidig!-Heidi

Erskine said...

Dani, the wedding was in Hagerstown. No DE for me. (Actually, I prefer it that way, but don't let on to my family. They won't understand how I want to avoid going "home" even though I still love them all.)