30 August 2005

Lynns

Okay, so the wedding's over, folks. I don't think we've attended a less detailed wedding. I found out three hours before the event that my bro expected me to be the emcee. No problem, but that is one of many things that stuck out to me. They had worked so hard on a good day but had forgotten some incredibly important details. At the end of the day, though, we noticed three things:

1) It was beautiful. Details are for the birds. Ben teared up when Lynn walked down the aisle. Allison sounded beautiful. I saw friends and family I haven't seen in years. My dad really made everything great for Ben and Lynn. The Lord was there. A relative came up to us and reminded us that there are a few people on my side of our family who remember that it was bittersweet to see all the family at the wedding though none came to ours. We were able to get Ben and Lynn into an emergency first-night suite due to weather. Beautiful.

2) We've been to WAY too many weddings. We concurred on that when we asked Ben and Lynn more detail questions than either mother who helped in planning the day.

3) There are now two Lynn Erskines in my family. Only one is a man.

8 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Glad to hear things went well. I must admit, I would think it would be weird if there was another heather durkee or heather simpson in the family. It makes things a bit complicated! God Speed on your busy BBC opening!

Judy said...

weddings are crazy...enough said :)

have fun in the new year! I look forward to hearing about the goings on up north!

Richards' said...

Well, they can't call her Lynard, and if they do, that is just wrong!
Have a great school year, and all that fun stuff, tell your better half that I said hello.

Anonymous said...

i miss lynn robert erskine. i do not miss d-day. i miss the male lynn. i do not know the female lynn. i miss, uh. um... hi, lynn!

Angela said...

m & a miss the male lynn too. and the male lynn's female.

Sween said...

Well, that is rather profound. I wonder what I would do if there were two Ryan Sweeneys in my family. I think the case would be like this...

1.) One of my brothers jumped the fence, so to speak, and were the domin ant male in a relationship with a guy named Ryan and the eventually decided to take advantage of Canada's newly passed bill.

2.) Through an unfortunate series of events, or a seriously unfortunate event, in that a female child was named Ryan. Sounds like a not too unfamiliar event in a Johnny Cash song, only it's inversed. Suppose one day Derek or Mark met her and then bada boom bada bing - they're hitched!

Mind you, these are mere hypotheses that could never come true.

1.) Mark is not gay. Derek... probably isn't either. But in the rare case that Derek was, he wouldn't be the dominant male. This is not a slam but a mere observation...

2.) I do not know any female Ryans, however, if Emily and I have a girl, she will be named Sophia Ryanna Sweeney.

Well Lynn, you have an unusual circumstance but I'm sure there are others who have the same deal somewhere on this crazy planet. I hope this was at least entertaining.

I miss you... in a brotherly kind of way of course :)

Alison said...

Not that I want to be just another missing friend, but I miss the Erskines too! Listen, now that I am a resident of DE, you HAVE to let me know the next time you're on the eastern shore, we'll have lunch or something, maybe get in a game of Trivial Pursuit if we can find anyone worth beating :)

Heather Durkee said...

we miss you too lynn! Give us a call!