11 December 2005

One More for the Good People Next Door

I was a jerk tonight. Right before I posted the other post I went next door to confront people in the townhouse "chapel." (If you don't believe me, check the door. It says "chapel," not "lounge.") They were wonderful people, but it was 11:30, and we are really tired tonight. It's noisy in there every night till almost midnight (another reason it should not be called "chapel"), and I'm usually very patient. It's been a long weekend, though, and I couldn't think or sleep. So I confronted.

Why do I share this? So that you all know that the rumors are true - I really am an uptight jerk when it comes to quiet hour. It's also so you don't think that the sudden stomping in and out of 66 Wesley Drive (a.k.a. townhouse center section) was because of bad people. I won't name the talkers because they're not normally the people who are loudest. (Yes, I really can usually tell exactly who's in there. My bedroom is on the other side of the kitchen wall. Kitchen - another reason it should not be called a "chapel.") Still, if you saw me coming or going and then saw the people who inevitably came out later, they're good people. Especially Andrew, who actually apologized, and I know he likely meant it...for all of those good people. (See, there really are some wonderful God-fearing people around.)

4 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

You know, I constantly reminsce (sp?) my Bethany days and dorm experiences, and I find myself quite frequently missing the experience of dorm life. Thanks for reminding me: I like my own place better :) However, Bethany late night dorm-mate chats are what brought about some of the best friends I'll ever have known...even if most of the chats were after "quiet hour." I don't need a few drinks to loosen up and become friendly with people...I need to be lacking sleep. That's when the best convos take place. But I do agree with you: chapel should be chapel, and lounge should be lounge...and quiet hour? I almost think it would be less irritating if it didn't exist.

Richards' said...

Oh, Kayla... What about late night hair cuts?!?! :)

Mommy of Four said...

I forgot about those! I still give those, too...but only to one person:)

jen said...

I just noticed the "chapel" sign on the door the other day... I completely agree that it is definitely not a chapel. I say we take the sign off the door ourselves. :)