16 March 2007

The Wind.

A few weeks ago I had a prophetic dream.

We lived in a white house in Truro (though the area is not particularly significant). There were people upstairs in a "den-like" room watching TV and laughing together. I recognized some but not all.

Lynn and I went to a store. It was an athletic store and one of my close cousins was there. We were in a large, open, white room with rows of sneakers on the walls. There seemed to be an adjacent room with something else going on. The clerk was working behind the desk when suddenly a huge wind storm swept into the town bringing destruction. Lynn and I stood holding each other in the midst of crazy wind. I was frightened but we were quiet and at peace. (I just now realized that none of the sneakers moved from their places on the wall. We were abiding in the refuge and protection of God.) The clerk was now standing in the middle of the room facing the door. She was amazed, even mesmerized by the sight. The wind swept in through the door and carried the clerk away. Lynn and I moved into a back closet as the noise got louder and the wind stronger. We held tightly to one another. I did not see what happened to my cousin; but I knew she was fulfilling the important role God had for her. It just led her in a different direction.
(Signifying a vast move of the Holy Spirit)

The wind subsided and debris lied everywhere. Houses and buildings were destroyed. The friends watching TV in our home had disappeared.

Suddenly, a lot of time had passed. The dream shifted to an area I do not know with people I did not know. It focused on two particular women living in a home, one younger and one elderly. They wore long, dark robes that covered their bodies and their heads. This signified hard work, grief, and trial.
(This signifies persecution)

The younger woman seemed to work hard outside of the home; but the elderly woman seemed particularly hidden. She was set apart as though she had her own hidden "wing" in their home. (The home was large, but desolate, colorless, and run down). One day, the younger woman came in to the elderly woman's "wing" and saw a young man (young adult age). He was sitting at a school desk and grinning from ear to ear. He was full of color and life; he was glowing! The younger woman was shocked because she had not realized that he was there. The dream ends focused on the young man as though one cannot keep his eyes off of him. He is so radiant in God!

Who is this man? Is he another deliverer for the people of God to be raised up after persecution? or Is he somehow the Christ, coming again to deliver His people for all eternity?


Today I came across another prophecy concerning this "wind storm" over the Maritimes (and beyond). There have been many. It's by Larry Randolph from Dec 6/06:

Larry Randolph was speaking in the Oshawa just a few weeks back and shared the following:

He had a vision of Jesus standing off the east coast of Canada in the Atlantic Ocean. Jesus bent over and blew a great wind, the wind of the Holy Spirit. It created a huge wave that headed to the east of Canada, & from there it went down along the eastern seaboard of North America.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I find this all very fascinating and exciting. Especially when I think about the work the Lord has done in our lives lately.

Sarah said...

I have a question: How did you figure out the meaning of your dream? While Ben and I were dealing with some things this week I had a peculiar dream and I was trying to figure out its significance (usually I just think my dreams mean nothing but this one was different). I was thinking to myself, "If only someone like Joseph were around who could interpret dreams!"

Erskine said...

Sarah,

Well, when I first woke, I didn't even know it was a prophetic dream. I rarely have such vivid dreams though, so I told Lynn about it immediately. He said, "Are you sure that's not prophetic?" I said, "No way, I don't get prophetic dreams. You do!"

By the time lunch came around we were so excited to get together again and talk about it because God had revealed to me that it was prophetic and to Lynn its interpretation.

If God gave you a prophetic dream, but not the interpretation, I would suggest tucking it away and "pondering it in your heart". God will bring the interpretation if there is one whether through someone else or in your own spirit.

It will come by the Spirit and for Spirit. So it's not your responsibility to try and figure it out. Trust the Lord to be faithful that if there's something He's trying to show you then He's going to show you!!

Or if all else fails, ask Lynn because I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a "Joseph anointing" :).

Sarah said...

Thanks Natasha! I'll start by pondering it within my heart and asking the Lord about it.

On a side note, Ben and I might be in Truro at the end of May as Ben will be speaking at a children's rally at the Wesleyan Church.

Angela said...

Tasha, thanks for sharing your dream! I've heard about these prophecies over the Maritimes and am excited to see what God is going to do! What an eternal privilege to be caught amongst a wave of the Spirit's anointing!
I don't know if it was part of my carnal or supernal nature of which I felt a pang of jealousy when I read your post. I long to feel a fresh wind of the Spirit in my own heart and see it among the church. It has been so hard to find time to draw near to the Lord since Danielle was born. I feel like I have had a month without intimacy with my best friend....well on that note both my best friends (Morgan AND God). But speaking of the Lord here, I feel so close to Him becuase of the way He has revealed His love through the child He's blessed us with, but I feel so far away as far as growth, refreshment, and newness of spirit goes.
hmm...all that to say I am excited to live vicariously through your post today and feel the excitement that you are feeling right now. I'm continually excited to see how the Lord is/will use you and Lynn there in Nova Scotia.
Love you!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry we missed your call the other night. Please don't feel you need to wait for us...we have a few more busy days and nights this week...so, just go right ahead!