29 March 2007

Another update.

Lynn and I are currently experiencing an extremely busy season in Truro! A few of the things we're involved in this week are:
  • There are the regular Palm Sunday and Easter preparations that any worship pastor must undertake.
  • Lynn and I are also involved in Cantabile Choir, as we've mentioned. We have a large concert, joined with the First United Church, this Saturday night.
  • After Lynn's accompanying "debut" with Contabile (mentioned in a previous post), word quickly spread throughout the town of his accompanying skills. He is now accompanying for many vocal students in the Music Festival, taking place this weak. (I am also observing as many classes as possible since I will possibly be taking over someone's vocal studio in the Fall.)
  • Last, but not least, we are trying to meet the last conditions for our house! I am meeting with the house inspector today to go through the house. The end is in sight!
We are so enjoying these various events, and the connections we've been able to make in the community; but we're also adjusting to the high demand of time and energy!

(Personal update - Natasha)
In the midst of all our recent activities, I stubbornly began wrestling again with questions like, "What is my role?" God has been so good to me, and I walk into new ministering opportunities every day; but still my heart grew weary last week and I felt discouraged. I said to the Lord, "I know I am to be content in You, but how long, O Lord! Must I still wait when it feels so strongly like the time is now!!!??"

Within two days I received an email and had a phone call from two loving friends (Ang and Liz). They so encouraged me. My heart was once again grounded in my faith and trust as a child of God.

The next afternoon, within a span of two hours, I was called on to officiate a funeral this Friday, I was asked to preach at our home church May 6th, and asked to preach at a fellow Baptist church in Halifax. I also still have two women's conferences coming up for which I've been invited as worship leader and guest soloist. Also, I recently taught a session in Lynn's worship workshop where I "released" so much of what the Spirit had deposited in my heart. It was rather powerful and broke into a powerful prayer session. One of our church leaders who was there immediately began planning a women's conference at our home church since we have "our own Beth Moore right here" she said :)

I share this because I am overwhelmed by my God. He loves me so much!!! There is no pride in what I do because it is not me who does it! My rest and freedom comes in that I cannot take the credit or the blame for anything I do in His name. Yet, He allows me to walk in the power and strength of His Spirit. He promised me that if I delight myself in Him and rest in His nature, if I "commit my [way] unto the Lord, than He will bring it to pass" (Psalm 37). It is quite something to watch the promises of God unfold before my eyes, things that he had whispered into my heart as a small child...

As his Word says, "Did I not tell you that if you would believe me, than you would see the glory of God!" (John 11:40)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Glory to God, Natasha!!!!! Oh, how I WISH I could be there to SEE you in ministry!!!
Lynn- I'm jealous...I think accompanying is one of my fav things to do.

Erskine said...

Ang, it IS my fav thing to do. If you ever visit, I'll have to hook you up with a good piano and a singer or two. :)

Now, on to the real comment here. Natasha, I am so proud to be your husband. I honestly agree that you aren't taking pride in anything that's going on. To see the Lord unfolding so much in and around you is no surprise. You've had a season of inactivity, and you're moving into one of activity. We'll see that come and go for years, I'm sure. Still, the Lord is your consistency, as always. You don't need to feed on the opportunities or your gifts because you are filling yourself with the Bread of Life, the Living Water! The Holy Spirit is bringing Christ to life in you so clearly that He is essentially taking over in these ministries you're talking about. Of course, the Lord is still using your talents and gifts, and I will continue to sit here gladly comforted to have you as my life partner. You are my dream love.

Liz said...

I love you so much, Tasha! Our friendship/sistership bless my heart and soul more than you will ever know!!! :)

Sarah Beth said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you and Lynn, Natasha. Coming to Halifax to preach eh? We would love to spend time with you if you had time while you were here, although if you didn't we would completely understand as well. Our number is 404-2926. if you would have time and would like to get together, even just for coffee or something, give us a call.