01 April 2007

I Have It Good

I'm sure you can pardon the slangy title for such a sweet post. It just wouldn't do for me to go to bed tonight without letting you know how good I have it.

We left church today and drove over to our house to see whether the "SOLD" sign went up yet. (As far as we know, we met our end of the conditions on Friday.) As we were leaving for our drive, Natasha let me know she had been scheming and invited me out on a spontaneous date. She had obviously put a lot of thought into it because she had planned a movie (knew where it was playing and the times) and a relaxed afternoon in the city. We saw our house and left immediately on our date. We walked around a little, dreamed about the house a lot, talked about Jesus the whole ride down, had Quiznos and Starbucks, watched "Amazing Grace" (not bad at all), and loved each other.

It's been a hectic several weeks. I know several wives and husbands who would not reward such a busy time with a sweet, lovely, spontaneous date. Among the many reasons I am blessed, one of the most significant is my wife, who selflessly allowed me to run amok for three weeks and still thought to plan a day just for the two of us - exactly what I (or, I suspect, we) needed. She should teach "wife" seminars. :)

3 comments:

jen said...

Yes, she should teach "wife" seminars. I'd go! :)

Owen said...

All I can say is Awwwwwwwwww......

christy said...

Very sweet.

Your love for one another and for Christ is a true blessing and treasure to be had.

Glad to hear you two are doing well!