26 April 2007

Interesting Week

Tasha told me to blog a couple of days ago, which I neglected to do in all the week's activity. I'll get to Saturday and Sunday nights in a moment. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were all days in which I left at 9:00 a.m. and got home long after 9:00 p.m. every day. There were only two days "in the office" this week, so I scrambled. This is also the second Music Festival week, so I'm doing a lot of accompanying. Add Matt's birthday to the mix, and you've got a lot going on. And I'm sleeping well as a result - so good!

Saturday: Tasha's brother Joel was in West Side Story, so we drove up to see the family and the show. What Tasha didn't know is that her sister and family flew up to surprise her for her graduation (this coming weekend). They came a week early so they could also catch the show. I was in the loop so that we could get us in the right place at the right time. After a fairly decent argument over switching the date of our trip from Friday (planned for me before I knew about Melissa) to Saturday (an awful day for me, but now I knew about Melissa), we began to plan. (Fortunately, Tasha's grandmother, who also knew about the surprise, convinced the family to plan our family night for Saturday, regardless of our original Friday plans.) I couldn't convince Tasha to pack anything because she wanted to come back home for church. After exhausting all of my plans, I prayed, "Lord, you know she's going to want to stay. You need to handle this." He did. Less than ten minutes after that prayer, Tasha called me in to the room and said, "You know, I think I should pack for the week in case I choose to stay with the family." Good thing!

Sunday: I got home at 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning after the show (in which Joel was GREAT!). I got up early, went to the church, and had a fairly normal Sunday. I arrived home that night at about 9:30 p.m., put all my things on the table, and received a phone message from Tasha. I thought, "Okay, I'll take out the recycling so I don't forget, come back in, and call Tasha back." Grabbing the recycling that was still in the house, I headed for the garage to retrieve the rest. Out of habit, I reached behind me and locked the door. As soon as the door shut I thought, "I just locked that." I checked, and sure enough I locked myself out of the house. I checked every window and was chagrined to discover my thoroughness in locking the house down for added security (we're sitting). There wasn't ANY way to sneak in. Neither was there any spare tool or implement in the garage small enough to pick a lock. I grabbed a crowbar at one point, ready to break in at any cost. Instead, I walked down to the Mini-Mart to call a locksmith (now about 10:45 p.m.). No one would come. He told me to break a window, and he'd come fix it in the morning. That call ended quickly. I started walking back home to the crowbar when it hit me: Micah and Jody would be awake! I walked up the hill to their house (with the wind in my face!) and crashed on their couch till the morning. Eventually, a man 40 minutes from my home came to let me in. I was in by 9:30 a.m., showered, and rushed out the door to accompany at 10:00 a.m. Guess how high my blood pressure was?

1 comment:

Owen said...

Lynn- all I can say is Wow.