29 December 2004

Cliches

Ever had a cliche come true? I was told once, "Divert daily, withdraw weekly, move out monthly, and vacate annually." The point? If I wanted to have a productive and peaceful life, I needed to be sure to get away from the disappointing humdrum of life. You may have guessed it by my last post, but Christmas with the fam was less than fulfilling. I love them very much, but I didn't anticipate that kind of stress. Then it happened. A day I planned months ago to surprise my wife ended up providing me with the opportunity to forget about my hurt. We had such a great time that by the time I remembered what had happened, my fresh perspective made me realize things aren't all bad. I guess cliches aren't all bad either.

2 comments:

Jason said...

"if you approach life's situations with a giving rather than receiving attitude, you will rarely be disapointed."

When I was coming home to the fam, I wasn't looking forward to it. But I was made aware that if I approach it that I am here to offer love instead of receiving it, it was much easier and fulfilling.
Roach out.

Erskine said...

Good call, Roach. I guess all we need is love. Talk about another cliche. Anyway, yes, we need to give rather than receive love. Normally I'm a pretty giving person, but this Christmas I realized that I'm different too. Taking that break was necessary for re-focusing. Do you do that often?