06 January 2005

Love

Have you ever been in love? I have. And I am. I can remember wandering aimlessly in and out of "love" until I found real love. The funny thing is that I see it in places I never thought I would. My wife leaves a water bottle filled beside the microwave because I prefer room temperature water. She wakes up at 7:00 a.m. while she's still on vacation from school just to make sure I wake up on time for work. She still holds my hand if we're in public just to remind me she's still thinking about me. She really believes good things about me and helps me to believe them too. For my friends Brent and Amy who were just engaged recently (though not to each other), look out because love is going to slap you in the face in a wonderful way...when you least expect it. Pretty soon love will look at you across the dinner table after a long day and reassure you that the next 74 years of your life are still going to be good ones. If you're not married, though, take Solomon's advice: don't awaken love prematurely. Forcing love won't be real love at all. I can't imagine where I would be if my life hadn't changed four years ago. I wouldn't know what it feels like to come home every day to the treasure we all hope to find.

No comments: