24 January 2005

Yet Another Post Today

Yes, I know this is my third post today. It's been awhile. :) Anyway, I published this dream on a Daniel's blogspot, and I just want to share it with anyone who crosses paths with me here.

I was standing in a field by myself, arms stretched to the sky on which my attention was fixed. The sky was the kind of deep dark blue that you see in the summer when even the darkness itself isn't really black. In the sky were several stars, twinkling in time with the praise in my heart. I was overwhelmed by honor for the Most High God. I lowered my eyes to see the tall grass sweeping around my legs, which were covered in the white robe I was wearing. Before I looked back to the sky I noticed other people in the grassy field, each worshiper evenly spaced from the others. I looked back to the sky, content to be at home among other God-fearers. One of the stars caught my attention with a brighter glimmer than the rest. It seemed to be brighter with each passing moment. Was it really getting closer? Was it really a star? It didn't take me long to see that this star was Jesus Christ, the Son of God, descending to earth. His brightness was contained in Himself and did not light up the field. Nevertheless, He was bright. He, too, stood in the field in white robe, the wind brushing the grass against His legs. He was one of us. Then He moved toward the first person in the field. His gaze met the worshiper's gaze, and Jesus's arms opened wide. He approached the worshiper, who responded with a welcoming embrace. As the two locked together the worshiper became very bright as Jesus took the worshiper into Himself. The same thing happened to the next two worshipers. Hardly controlling my elation, I realized that Jesus had returned to bring us all to Heaven to dwell eternally with Him. He continued through the field, welcome each new sister and brother home. For a moment I felt distant, thinking, "I want to go, too. Take me!!" Without a word Jesus stopped and stared at me. His face was not beautiful, not remarkable, not ugly. Like the rest of Him, He was just one of us...except He was peace. One look from Him calmed my spirit as He said, "You're going, too." My eyes and arms shot skyward in exuberant worship. Then I felt it. He was approaching me this time. He looked right into my eyes, right into my soul, and I cried. He cried too, smiling slightly. I stretched out my arms to anticipate His embrace. It became brighter and brighter as He came closer and closer. Our bodies touched, and He wrapped His arms around me. I was taken in, and all I could see what brightness. Just peaceful brightness. I woke up feeling calm completion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

back in the days of kropiniski that would have been a grade A dream recitation at a BBC lunch table. kudos.