09 January 2005

Another kind of deep person

There's another type of deep person who is very different than the deep people from the other day. There are occasionally those times when you see someone whose depth shines through their eyes, directly from their soul. This morning was one of those times. We worshiped the Lord together, all of us strongly sensing the Holy Spirit. While the pastors leading us in worship spoke and sang, something shone through their eyes that revealed that they deeply knew the truth of what they were saying. They were two deep people whose depth goes beyond anything any of us will know for now. There's something peaceful about people like that. I pray the Lord and I develop that depth of relationship.

3 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Lynn- DEEP! (I could help myself and I needed to say that!) I find that deep people often have an intensity about them that is contagious. When you were talking about it being able to show, that is when It makes me want to be a better person. On the contrary, I don't want to be so deep that I am not applicable to anyone. I am often a simple person. Deep thinking can also be a hindrance when people get stuck in the deep pit of thinking. I think it can play with our minds and we can get confused. It can sometimes lead to worry and can upset people who can figure out all the answers to life's unanswerable questions. HMD

b.rando said...

following on what heather said, kindof... i think that the deeper a person's maturity and relationship with God goes, the more shallow they will become.

what i mean is that, when a person's character and maturity has the strength of depth, they can be more free to be transparent, use smaller words so that people actually understand them, live with their heart on their sleeve, and so on.

or maybe i'm full of crap. either way, don't let your balloons swell too much.

Erskine said...

That's exactly what I'm saying in this post. This kind of deep person doesn't seem deep at all. They seem almost childlike. Yet, their spiritual depth is obvious. It's like looking a smiling baby in the eyes. At first you see a grin and sparkle that makes you smile just as big. Then you realize that the baby loves and trusts you as you hold him/her in your arms. Seeing a deep Christian like the one I saw primarily revealed a simplistic Christian that made me smile. Then I realized that the Christian's utmost love and trust was in the God who held the Christian in His arms.