04 June 2007

Another (long) update.

May has been super busy!

1. Lynn turned 26! Yeah for Lynn! He's now officially old :). Myself and the Chute family pulled together a surprise birthday party for him. I babysat the two boys earlier that week, and we had a blast making decorations and planning a rather elaborate treasure hunt where we hid all the gifts in the dryer and had SEVERAL clues leading up to finding them :) What a blast! (You can see pictures of the event in one of the picture trails below.)

2. We enjoyed an all day prayer vigil at our church for God's guidance as we continue to investigate a possible building expansion. What a beautiful day in the presence of the Lord! We trust in his continued guidance as our church continues to grow.

3. We concluded our semester with Cantabile Singers with a finale Broadway Dinner Theatre. It was so much fun! We each had unique and creative costumes, but concluded the evening with our third set of songs in black tuxedos and formal dresses. It was long, exhausting, and wonderful!

(Lynn and I sang "Summer Nights" from Greece as one of the ensemble numbers. During rehearsal, our director, Ross, said, "Lynn, can you please be a little more raunchy?" Off stage at the performance, the other choir members were calling him "Raunchy Reverend"!)

4. Lynn and I received dreadful news as our financial plans for the house took an unexpected twist. We are still waiting on the Lord as He continues to minister to us, growing us into a family that is secure and content in Him, no matter what we have. It has been an amazing journey as we continue to hold God's promises in our heart, but seem to face obstacle after obstacle in regard to our house. He seems to be speaking into my heart, "I promised you blessings, but I AM your security. Rest in me today and I will provide for tomorrow."

In the midst of this trial of trusting, God keeps dropping hints of blessing in our lap. We unexpectedly received a washer and dryer, which are two of the three appliances we need for our home! They are good models and in good condition - the right size and everything for what we need! Also, some of our friends said they were convicted of the Lord about how much stuff they have and thought they might be able to give us some of their furniture! They are not at all bound if they happen to change their mind, but God is speaking to us through all of these acts of blessing.

Father make us trusters and givers, content to have our basic needs met, and then to bless others!

5. I am preparing to lead worship this weekend for our Baptist Association's Ladies Retreat. We convene at Camp Pagweak Friday night for a weekend with the Lord! There is much anticipation in my spirit; but I am also aware of unknown territory... I am praying for favor and grace as we gather from different backgrounds and are familiar with different songs of worship... I know God will unite us and far exceed my expectation of faithfulness and anointing on such a weekend. My experience with these women so far tells me that there is little I'll have to do to actually lead! They are very eager and hungry for the Lord!

Lynn and I continue to grow as we adjust to being out on our own, serving in ministry for the first time, in a new place, new denomination, and with new people. We are blessed beyond measure by our senior pastor and staff, and gracious congregation.

We love you all family and friends!

3 comments:

Shannon Skafte said...

Hello Friends.

I wanted to let you know you were missed at potluck... and that I won't be goign to the ladies retreat - $$ is a factor, but I will be praying for you, Natasha, that this weekend will grow you and glorify God!

Also - it's Grease, not Greece. Just so you know...

Angela said...

It seems like forever since I've checked blogs.
1. I missed lynn's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY late.
2. I SERIOUSLY hope your toilet issues are remedied.
3. God WILL provide! I admire you guys' faith. He will reward you for it.
4. Again- Natasha looks HOT in those picts. ;-)

Erskine said...

Oops! Thanks Shannon for the spelling correction :)

I tend to write the wrong homonyms when I'm not thinking about it :)

(Is homonym the write word?)

(Natasha)