12 August 2007

Things you may or may not want to know!

Wow, I'm really pregnant!!!!!

So, I know I haven't posted pictures yet; it's because I feel a lot like my house right now... unkempt. I promise they will come.

But I am totally showing!!! My belly feels huge and I love it!!! I officially don't fit in any of my old clothes and the few middle-ground WalMart options we purchased are no longer satisfactory. (They still fit, but they're not enough. Really I desperately need preggo pants.)

So while Lynn and I were in Halifax for the Leadership Summit (which is a whole other topic and was amazing!), we went shopping for a Maternity store. I was so overcome by how cute everything was!

I tried on several options and fell in love with a number of different outfits. While I was trying them on, though, the store clerk said, "You should try them on while wearing the belly pillow." Then I realized that the strangely shaped white thing I had vaguely noticed on the chair in the corner of the change room was a makeshift belly so I could see how well the clothes would fit until the end of my term. (Captain obvious here.) Lynn agreed that I should try the outfits with the belly pillow. I felt a little silly, but thought, "Yes, that would be a very wise thing to do."

The problem, though, is that I am a very slow processor... I was just adjusting to the idea of having a growing belly, in a maternity store trying on real maternity clothes. When I strapped the belly on... well it kind of shocked my system...

I took one look at myself in the mirror and burst into hysteric bubbles of laughter and tears. I'm not sure how loud I was, but Lynn began laughing from outside the change room. I couldn't come out... I felt nervous and embarrassed, while feeling excited and anxious. Lynn finally peeked in which made the convulsions worse. I tried to go to him to lean in on him the way I tend to do when I feel embarrassed or shy, but then... I bounced!!! The carefully crafted pillow snugly tucked beneath my maternity outfit hit his midsection just as my forehead reached his chest... and I bounced back!!! This of course increased the bursts of spasmic laughter as it shocked me even further...

This was quite a fun experience. I had to take out the belly to calm down again and remind myself that I don't have to jump to month number eight, but the Lord allotted time for people like me who desperately need it for adjusting during periods of drastic change.

So I am thrilled to be showing, and love being pregnant! But I am also thankful that further growth will come gradually. It is a scary thought that one day in the not too distant future this child is going to be too big and need to come out of my little body!

Just in case you were wondering, though... I may be small, but have good birthing hips! :) (Okay, so it's not the hips so much; but I don't know how awkward it is to write about personal body parts on a public web log... The term "hips" seemed the safest at the time.)

God bless!
Natasha

11 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

This cracks me up! You are indeed showing and I was so thankful for your hospitality and friendship! Yeah for little Erskines too!

Stephanie Curtis said...

Hey I just want to say congrats. It is so exciting that you and Lynn are going to be parents.

Unknown said...

Oh you make me laugh! I was picturing that entire scene as I read it. And yes, 'the belly' seems to take on a mind of it's own!

Happy growing - can't wait to see you AND your cute belly!

Mommy of Four said...

haha:) You should read my blogs about my pregnancy with Amberly:) Once you've had a child, you lose all dignity:) I'm an open book now:) I laughed when I read your post:)

Sarah Beth said...

I also could picture the scene as you were describing it. That would have been funny. I can't wait to see pictures of the new you!

Angela said...

Too cute! We must see pictures!
One thing I didn't think of taking into consideration when buying maternity clothes at the beginning of pregnancy was that your belly is not the only thing that grows...ahem...something higher grows too...which means larger shirt sizes. I wasted a bit of money buying smalls that didn't fit when I was into my 3rd trimester.
My hips expanded so much they would pop out of socket. Yeah...wierd. and painful.
But it pays off during labor!!! :=)

Cute preggo Tasha- I MUST see a picture!

oljonnyhurd said...

Maybe this is because I'm a guy but what word would you have used?

jen said...

Oh Natasha, I'm so excited for you. :) It feels like forever since I've seen you, and I miss you and Lynn both! He tells me you were in Sussex recently... I guess you didn't know I've been in Sussex all summer! haha

Owen said...

As there are no plans for any babies down in DC I have to live vicariously through you- I too am going to join the chorus demanding a belly shot ;)

You two are the funniest parents already and you havn't even reached your third trimester!

christy said...

Natasha! I enjoyed reading this post and it made me laugh. You and Lynn will be great parents. It's quite entertaining to read your musings on a growing belly, and life as a pregnant mommy to be.

Blessings!

His Beloved said...

you are hilarious!! haha so cute! you are going to be SUCH an adorable little pregnant lady! hehe