02 September 2006

The Clincher

Job 42:5: "I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes."

Until we see Him with our own eyes there is something missing in our experience with God. We can hear about Him, think about Him, understand our thoughts about Him, compartmentalize our experiences, and claim our innocence as good people just like Job did. Job, who was considered one of the wisest and best godly men on earth, had only heard of God to that point. He had all the answers, which he gave throughout the book. When confronted with God, however, he realized he knew nothing. God is so much more than we can think up, dream up, conceive, understand, or feel. What are you doing to seek Him - to see Him?

1 comment:

Erskine said...

E-mail away! You can share these posts anytime, unless I say otherwise. :) Thanks for the encouragement. And thanks, precious wife, for backing me up with more Scripture.