08 September 2006

Rising to the Challenge

The Lord will rise to any challenge. I've seen it many times in other people, but I was blown away when He did it with me yesterday.

Natasha and I talked about my vision for ministry the other day, when she remarked that I should have a very clear vision of God's plan for me before I embark on any intensive ministry. At the time I told her I was resolute that God was behind my motivation for ministry. I told her that He was forming my vision. I also told her I'd give it a lot of thought. That "thought" quickly turned to prayer.

I couldn't imagine why the Lord would birth something so deeply in my heart without giving me something tangible to express. It was as if I had dreams and visions for ministry, but they were somehow obscured. Thus, I challenged the Lord. I asked Him to renew my mind, to help me verbalize a vision this week before my vision had the opportunity to be defined by other people's practices and ideals. It happened as I was e-mailing a pastor friend of mine. Suddenly everything I had seen in my heart and mind since the Lord dramatically revived my heart of worship last March (see the archives) flowed out of me into a three-tiered vision of worship ministry. Puzzle pieces came into place. The storyline flowed. And all this without me "thinking." (That's for you, Natasha and Scott.) :)

Why is this such a big deal? If you know my testimony, then you know I've struggled for years with worship/music ministry. I've had little interest in promoting myself or my vision because of 2 Cor 10:18: "When people commend themselves, it doesn't count for much. The important thing is for the Lord to commend them." Why should my ministry be about me, my talents, or my anointing? It should be about the Lord, so I refused to move ahead until He moved me. That started last spring and has continued ever since. Now I'm in a spiritual crucible in which He's refining what He started years ago - visions, dreams, anointing, call, etc. And I am blessed!

"Praise unto the Lamb who sits on the throne! Honor and power, dominion and praise unto the Lamb who was and is and is to come!" (From "Unto the Lamb," Christ for the Nations)

1 comment:

Heather Durkee said...

Thanks for sharing that! My heart can relate with so much that you said.