12 January 2006

The Good Natasha Post



I love the way Natasha looks in this picture. It captures so many aspects of her inner beauty while doing a good job at expressing her outer beauty as well. (Natasha doesn't like her smile in it, but I say it's wonderful...photo compliments of Ryan Wiedmaier.)

Natasha is an enigma sometimes. She has so much strength of character, but her approach is so tender that people tend to feel calm around her. She has a very strong personality, something which I've seen in large measure since we've been married. (If you understand Littauer's work, we're both cholerics...what a recipe for fun!) :)

Natasha is talented at many things, too. She is obviously comfortable in her strengths, but I have seen few people approach her weaknesses with the bravery she has. During the darkest days of her fight with fibromyalgia, she always chose to make the best of each day. Even when she was told we would have to alter our diets if she wanted to live "normally" again, she chose to find ways to make it work. She has a real phobia of games, but she's even chosen to play games (like Guesstures last night...who saw that coming?)!

Is she perfect? No way. She won't go to bed without me and is frustrated when I sit up posting on my blog (half kidding). She tends to take on too much at once. To top it all off, she likes Sound of Music!!

Still, she's perfect for me. On the outside, she's the type of woman that artists for years have tried to capture in still life (without success, I might add). On the inside, her well-rounded character makes her outer beauty pretty dull. It must be rare to find this once-in-a-lifetime thing, and I thank God today (and every day) that somehow I found her. (And that somehow she is still blinded by love and gives me compliments that I shouldn't write on a blog that I know people read.)

11 comments:

Chris Massie said...

I appreciate hearing people talk about their spouses like this, but maybe some would just call me a sap. I don't care. I'm excited for you both, Lynn, b/c Natasha feels the same toward you. It's really neat how God made us to enjoy relationships.

Anonymous said...

Husband of my heart, once again your elequonce and genuine insightfulness bring pink to my cheeks and warmth to my heart. I stand firm on my position that I do not appreciate you making such a spectacle of me...but I suppose I am also truly thankful and deeply blessed to be loved by such a man as you. I am forever your angel. All my love, XOXOXOXOXOXOX.

Erskine said...

Are all those Xs and Os a threat or a promise, wife? (The rest of this blog is censored to maintain a G - PG rating.)

Kirk said...

Oh no you didn't. Oh no you didn't. I thinks you beeen dissin' the Sound of music. I be tellin' you one of my favourite things. Layin' the smack down on pompous Whities that be playa hatin' Miss Julie Andrews. Watch your back bro' or you will be toe' up.

Erskine said...

If you must know, Julie Andrews is a personal favorite. She is one of few positive things I can say about "Sound of Music."

Jo said...

there are MANY positive things about the Sound of Music Lynn! i must reinforce ban the hab's comment. don't diss the music.

me said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Sound of Music... that's how I got my middle name, that and a great Aunt Maria [from Denmark]

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think Natasha should join Canadian Idol, and WHEN she wins she should make them change their name.

Anyone else agree?

Actually, the Sound of Music was a little boring... this coming from a musical enthusiast. Although I can't get enough of that song, "Do a deer, a female deer, re a drop of golden..."

Kirk said...

Uhhh Coady I believe it is "Doe a deer" Your version of "Do a deer" not only is sinful but all in all really disturbing. The Sound of Music is not the best musical ever made. (that would be Singing in the Rain) but c'mon How do you solve a problem like Maris, 16 going on 17, My favourite things, dol re mi, the hills are alive with the sound of music, the lonely goatherd (yodelling song), so long farewell, climb every mountain, and of course the song that makes ladies melt in your hand Edelweiss. This is a power packed musical. I've seen it at least a dozen times.

Mommy of Four said...

I just have to say that this is one of the sweetest blogs I have EVER read, and that, Lynn? You need to give some pointers to my husband! Natasha, you are a VERY blessed woman! Not many guys will be so open and...SWEET like that! You two are adorable!

Jenn said...

You guys are a great couple! Your love for God and people glows! Thanks for being such a huge encouragement! Thank you also for speaking at our retreat for class!