05 January 2006

Possibly the Final One

I felt so guilty today when I walked in my office after several hours of admissions training to find a box from my mom, stepdad, and sisters. Mom is not always good at getting cards, etc., to the family on time. She mentioned sending Christmas cards, but I just assumed we wouldn't see much till later. Then we'd have the phone call we always do about the late card. I don't mind it - it's almost comforting to know what's coming.

Anyway, the box from mom was shipped before Christmas and arrived today. It had cards and gifts for my birthday (May), Natasha's birthday (December), our anniversary (December), and Christmas. They were all thoughtful gifts, communicating love and value.

The guilt wasn't so much because Mom spent way more money than she should have. Instead, it was because I honestly assumed we wouldn't hear from her this close to Christmas. What a son! Anyway, we're grateful because when both Mom (and Ron) and Dad (and Shelly) missed Natasha's birthday and our anniversary, I was pretty sullen. It looks like we weren't forgotten at all. Things just take awhile to get here from the U.S.A. (For the record, Dad and Shelly sent a Christmas card, too...without pictures of Bailey.)

No comments: