01 January 2007

Drake


Happy New Year! Baby Emmerson now has a name: Drake John Emmerson. He is my favorite nephew, mostly because he's beautiful. Is this superficial? Absolutely, but I haven't held him, talked to him on the phone, or taken him to a basketball game yet, so we don't really have much history. Drake and I only go back about a week, to be honest. It looks like we have a lot of ground to cover. In the meantime, I'm going to live vicariously through my in-laws, who have wonderful children worth a lot of love!
In other news, Natasha says "Hi!" and "Happy New Year!" We're going to be lazy and watch a movie before the big "Christmas" dinner this afternoon (with my in-laws, who weren't with us at Christmas) and the trip home. We hope 2007 is a big one for all of you. The Lord is literally standing in front of us, waiting for us to run after Him. He has a new world to unfold, should we actually challenge Him to prove it.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

SOOO cute! Congratulations all on his arrival. He is precious.

Judy said...

I can understand your instant love for such an adorable little boy!! He is just darling (as my new-found Kansan friends would say).

Angela said...

I know exactly how you feel! I just had an equally gorgeous nephew born in September! Congratulations, you guys!

Hey- email us your contact info when you get settled in so we can let you know any new news we might have soon! ;-)

Unknown said...

oops I think I read 3 posts at once and commented on one of them somewhere....

Heather Durkee said...

Congrats! He really is cute! But, until you are an aunt/uncle of twin, nothing brings as much pride to your heart! I love my twins!

Blog and let us know what is going on!

His Beloved said...

he's absolutely precious!! and i'm so glad to hear he has a name! :)