15 January 2007

Once Upon a Snowy Afternoon

It's Lynn writing this time. It's a snowy afternoon, and I'm sitting in the home office the Lord provided for us. None of that matters to most anyone reading this, particularly since we've gone on about that a lot. Still, it feels good finally to be here. Natasha rightly observed that it's been almost a month since we last had a place to let our collective hair down. We sat and watched "Two Weeks Notice" last night, after which I fell asleep in record time. That's how I do it. Sleep. Natasha and I had that conversation yesterday. She remarked how she tends to get worked up and feels as though she doesn't handle change very well. She thinks I handle it very well. The only reason she thinks that is because I'm social. It doesn't really matter whether we're in change; I just like to be around people. I get tired, though. She didn't sleep many nights last week prior to settling; I sleep more every night that goes by. I slept in past 10:00 a.m. twice in the past week! (Half the day was gone!!) We have been invited out so many times, but we're often with strong personalities - a good thing, since I tend to get with people and sink into a tired speechlessness. You know, the kind of peaceful speechlessness that feels best with a warm cup of Stash wild blackcurrant tea in my hands with the sounds of my wife's voice in my ears, gratitude to Jesus in my heart, and the jazzy music of someone like Bing in my head - all on a snowy afternoon.

3 comments:

Lor & Josh said...

I raise a cup of Tazzo Passion fruit tea in toast to your Bing and your home office, to your settle-ing-in-ness and the peace of Christ in your hearts. It was nice to talk with you this evening, Erskines. You are missed here but fully supported in this new call of God in your lives.

Anonymous said...

Yeah.....I found someone who feels the way I do...I was beginning to feel I was all alone in this adjusting thing. I'm trying to deal with all the change again myself. It has been a very hard first week for me Natasha lots and lots of tears shed except they seem to keep freezing to my face b/c it is so darn cold here grrr. I guess there is a place worse then Sussex :) Wow do I miss you!! Hope things get better in due time. Love you.

Unknown said...

Glad you are settling into your new life/role.
Ahem- where is your "what we eat" link? I went on yesterday to find your pizza recipe only to discover it's gone?!?! Again I say AHEM!!!

I attended a luncheon this week with fellow pastor's wives in the area and met Debbie Poley!!!! We struck it up and had a nice convo about how we love Lynn and Natasha!! She's a sweetie - LOVE her personality. She seems like a hoot - my kind of gal! I enjoyed meeting your family kin!!