22 February 2005

In Limbo

There is nothing like feeling like you're in limbo. Right now I have left messages on more phones than I can count, leaving me hanging in the air, waiting for a response. I feel like I'm the kid on that Kodak commercial. You know the one, the kid is hanging in midair, tucked into the perfect cannonball position, ready to make a big splash in his swimming pool. Suddenly, in a quasi-Steven King way, his head turns and he speaks from the portrait, "Mom, I'm still hanging here!" Print those digital pictures and the kid won't be left hanging anymore, or so Kodak would have you think. Unfortunately, the kid's left hanging in that picture inside a photo album forever...or at least until the photo fades. Anyway, I'm that kid right now, waiting for business calls, personal calls, etc., etc., etc. It feels like loose ends are everywhere and I'm rushing around to tie them all up. It's almost exhilerating. (Call me back anyway, chums!)

No comments: