03 April 2006

If you marry a singer...

...be prepared. At some point in your marriage you'll get a night like tonight in our home. We've traversed skies of styles and wandered continents of content. Right now it's "Hopelessly Devoted" (not bad), but a minute ago it was "There Are Worse Things I Could Do." And we're going through the entire songs. To think we started this evening with worship. Pretty soon "Therapy" will get into her head for the fourth day in a row. She'll mumble through the words until...you guessed it..."Go drop dead!"

And I actually think this is endearing. Somewhere in there, I must be crazy. Oh well, if you can't beat them...

"I'm gonna love you like nobody's loved you, come rain or come shine." (I'll finish the rest of it offline.)

3 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

ah, but she's got such an amazing voice! Whats not to like??

jen said...

Oh, Lynn. You crack me up.

Sarah said...

Ben married a singer. I like to make up songs about anything and everything. Then every once in a while I get some silly old' song in my head and start singing it. Like today in the midst of my stress and frustration of studying I broke out in loud course to "Micheal row your boat ashore." Ben didn't want that song in his head, so he started singing loudly, "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time..." I then reverted to songs that I sang in my 5th grade musical "Feeling Good" and well, I could go on. Isn't it amazing how the musical mind works? I mean, I can't recall any tests that I wrote in 5th grade, but I could sing you a good portion of the musical that I took part in? Exams in high school? Forget it! But ask me to sing the songs I sang in TnT and when I travelled and I could do it for you in a snap. Fun times.

Hope Natasha's musical presentation went well. Wish I could've been there. I may be visiting Sussex in a few weeks and if so, I'd love to see ya's!