26 February 2007

One Chance

This won't be long.

The regular accompanist for Cantabile (a community choir in town) felt sick tonight and was unable to attend. The conductor came in and announced that he had no conductor, so he would have to try and play. Once his coat was off and he stood in front of the choir, I asked, "Do you want someone to play?" Much to my great surprise and delight, he said, "Yes."

I can only thank the Lord for such a great opportunity. His mercies are so precious and unique that He even allows me to enjoy opportunities like this. It was probably one chance, but I'm thankful many times over!

4 comments:

Erskine said...

You were so amazing last night, Babe! I was so excited for you and proud :). Honestly, how many even accomplished musicians can sight read like that on the spot? while listening to the conductor, anticipating his every move? I'm not trying to say you were perfect; but I do think it was pretty amazing.

Natasha

Unknown said...

Wow - that's AWESOME!! You must have been so stoked!! Glad you got such a great opportunity. I think he picked the right guy to say "Yes" to.

Heather Durkee said...

I am writing to inform you that I would like to set up a phone appointment with you. Whip out the planner and fill in the durkee name on one of your time slots. You can give me the date and time. This is to ensure that we DON'T only talk once a year like we are headed to. :)

Email, phone etc.. will work. Just set up it so we don't miss each other.

Lori's Latest said...

Howdy, strangers.
So, you've come over to the dark side, I see. How are things in Truro? I can't remember your
e-mail address so here's mine:
lorigeldart@hotmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Lori Crousse