02 May 2007

Laughs.

You guys are awesome :). Your comments about babies and recipes were really very funny... Both will come soon enough (though hopefully recipes sooner than the other!).

For now, I would appreciate your prayers as I am looking for a job. I feel as though God has released something in me after graduation... I really want a job in the community where I can build relationships (and settle down... start a family...). There is a women's federal prison in town and I would love to work there!!! Can you imagine being a chaplain or something in a place like that!? Would they even let me talk about Jesus? And if they didn't... would I anyway!?

Anyway... who knows what the next few months will hold. My prayer is "Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness... make straight your way before me... For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield" (Psalm 5:8, 12). The Lord brought me to these verses just prior to grad and then used the commencement sermon as confirmation (it was all about walking with God's favor). This is an act of discipline for me to not worry about how we're going to pay for our house, etc... and scrounge around in all sorts of directions looking for a job. But to keep walking straight ahead, not looking to the left or the right, and believing God to orchestrate divine appointments and lead us in the straight path of righteousness for His Name's sake.

So I am walking into the blessings of God, living by faith and not by sight! Here is my next season... A season of Life and community relationships, a season of radiating the dark corners of Truro with the glorious light of Christ...

Bring it!

(Natasha)

No comments: