08 May 2007

Weekend update.

Last weekend was extremely busy... and extremely rewarding!

Saturday, Lynn led our 2nd quarterly Worship Workshop, which was once again... fabulous. It started at 9:00 am and finished at 3:00 pm. This time we discussed such topics as Worship and Performance, Worship as Service and Obedience, the Function and Practice of Worship Teams, and Songwriting. We always begin with a time of worship (a setting where Lynn has a little more freedom to introduce new songs and new styles of worship); followed by a time of testimony and discussion concerning the positive aspects as well as the distractions during that time. So far, we have had small numbers, which has made for very intimate times with the Lord and one another! So good!
(Seeing Lynn in this role births so many visions in my heart. He is so excellent at bringing people together and learning about the Lord. God has blessed him with the anointing and gracious spirit that compels others to seek, ask, and knock... and of course find, and receive! Praise the Lord!)

Sunday morning was my (Natasha's) first time preaching here at Immanuel. It went well; though it was a humbling and stretching experience for me. I have "long" since settled my arguments with the Lord concerning my call to teach the Word of God; and now face the enduring hard work of obedience down the road ahead... I am incapable of such a life, nor would I ever have chosen it. But if I remain in Him and He in me, I will bear much fruit; apart from Him I can do nothing (John 15:5).

Sunday after church, Lynn and I left just ahead of our choir to New Beginnings Church in Dartmouth, NS as the guest choir and speaker (Lynn) for their Anniversary Service. This is a black church in our Baptist convention with which we are building a strong family and musical relationship. The evening was full of joy and excitement as we celebrated together, black and white, in many different styles, in the presence of the Lord, for the faithfulness of God. We sang, ate, and listened to a powerful message Lynn spoke on Jeremiah 29:11. We also ate and drank of the Lord amidst the fellowship of believers. "Poor" Lynn wore many hats that day as he played, sang, directed, and preached... jumping from one position to the next! But it was so worth it for the fellowship we shared and the impact this experience had on our choir.

As the cherry on the cake... (except no one even likes cherries, so why do we use that expression? It should be more like the yummy and decorative chocolate shavings...) we spent the rest of Sunday evening with the wonderful Wiedmaiers until we were kicked out of Starbucks, and then until our toes were numb from the cold pavement of the parking lot...

So life is good and God is great!
Praise His Holy Name!

3 comments:

Dena said...

1. The Worship Workshop sounds amazing! Our church is quite small for something like this, although we have quite a wealth of musical talent and hearts of service. I wish we could attend your workshop.

2. Natasha, I am always amazed and inspired by the way you talk about Lynn. You always have deep, heartfelt adoaration for him. It's so refreshing since way too many wives spend way too much time complaining about their man. Oh, that I would take more opportunities to praise my husband.

3. I like the cherry on top and actually prefer it to the chocolate shavings.

Sarah Beth said...

My toes actually were numb when I got in the car, as I'm sure yours were too, but it was so worth it. It was great to see you!

Erskine said...

I knew someone would end up liking the cherries :)

Thank you for your encouragement, Dena.

And yes, Sarah, they were numb! Though with my heels, I think my feet were a little higher off the cold ground than yours were :)

It was so worth it :) Many more to come!