02 July 2007

Mom

Natasha and I were on the phone with my mom yesterday when we found out that she has been on our blog. Nothing beats that! I'm not sure why I think that's so great, but I find it a blast! If Mom keeps checking this blog, you might get to know her a little bit, which would be pretty fun. Here's a good story about her:

Once upon a time Mom was driving my brother and me from Lock Haven to our extremely rural home in Sugar Valley, PA. (We don't live anywhere close to that now.) We had just come from community choir practice, where our entire family older than seven sang weekly. We were having a fairly normal conversation when Ben and I started a SNL routine about Goatboy. Mom claimed not to like Goatboy, always saying he wasn't funny. The more I talked like Goatboy, however, the harder she laughed. We had almost arrived at the interstate when Mom laughed so hard she swerved in the road and had to pull over. She was laughing, crying, and telling us it wasn't funny. While she wouldn't admit it was funny, she was honest enough to stay pulled over for the next five minutes while we calmed down. To this day, I suspect you'll get at least a giggle from her if you bleat within earshot of her.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Which of course distracts you from the fact that she has no legs.