24 July 2007

Our Little Erskine!

We just saw our baby!!!!!!

We had an ultrasound today to confirm that we have a live pregnancy and to discover how far along we are. We don't find out the details until my doctor's apt this Friday, but we still got to see the baby and it was so amazing!!!!! He/she is sooooo cute and was dancing around and has a strong heartbeat!

It was so beautiful!

After the ultrasound, Lynn and I both pretty emotional (though I have been on the verge of tears all day!), we had to get cash out and then go to a change machine in order to pay the $2 parking fee. Of course we had to take out a twenty from the ATM so sure enough, we won the lottery and had twenty loonies flying at us from the change machine. So we decided to get a late lunch together at Tims.

At Tims, we were enjoying each other's company and delighting in our little Erskine when a lady from a nearby table approached us. She said, "You don't know me, but you are the Erskine's right? Well I heard on the radio this morning that you're expecting! Congratulations!"

Can you believe it? A man in our worship department runs the Christian radio station here in Truro called HopeFM. He had teased us that he would announce it, but sure enough he did!

So little Erskine is already famous :) The poor thing... a PK and musicians' child...

Yeah for cute, adorable, precious little Erskine!!!

(Natasha)

7 comments:

Liz said...

Awwwwww...*eyes filling with tears* :)

Angela said...

so wonderful!

His Beloved said...

Congratulations!! I just randomly went on to Lynn's facebook and read your news, and then thought I'd check out your blog in case you had posted something. I am SO happy for you guys!! I sat here with tears in my eyes reading your posts. And it made me realize just how much I miss you both! I love you both very much and I am so thrilled for you! :)

jen said...

Congrats again, Erskines!

I was at a Victorian Epicure party (hosted by Dana Wells) the other night, and the rep mentioned that because of her son's autism, she faced many nutritional issues similar to the ones that you mentioned in your food blog (gluten, dairy, etc). I gave her the address, and she was very excited at the prospect of finding more tasty, healthy recipes! Thought you might like to know the popularity is spreading... ;)

Elizabeth said...

Yay!! Were you able to get a picture of Little Erskine?

Erskine said...

I was not able to get a picture at my ultrasound. The lady said she had to send all of the information to my doctor. So I'm hoping that I may be able to get one from her on Friday...

I hope! I hope!

(Natasha)

Unknown said...

Yay!! That is SO exciting! It becomes even more of a miracle when you can actually SEE that little person inside of you! How fun!!

Where did you have it done?
Can't wait to hear the 'official' due date!!

Can't believe he/she is already making their radio debut....at the tender age of 10 (ish) weeks (or something...I'm only guessing)
How cool!!