30 July 2007

Update.

I am working as receptionist at the church this week, covering for Pastor Peter and Lottie's vacation. No one is in the office except for me and Lynn (though his is down the hall), and, in the context of being very professional, we're having a blast :).

Little Erskine and mommy are growing very well. I am 11 weeks along, and looking forward to fitting into my new clothes. Right now everything is either too small or too big for my little tummy :)

Lynn and I spent Friday and Saturday as guests at Fox Harbour. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Saturday afternoon, several families from the church came over for a worship team party. We BBQ'd and went swimming in the SPA, and then Doris and I walked the beach along the coast of the Northumberland Straight, just across from where my family live on PEI.

We arrived home late and woke up early (though not early enough) for church Sunday morning, during which I was leading worship and Lynn was preaching. After church, we had a BBQ at our house with 4 young couples, 10 people in all! It was a blast, though the heat was scorching.

Around 3:00, my parents and two brothers arrived, one looking very much like a cave man (Joel - he works at Cape n' Rage). Much to my delight, they brought with them my aunt's crib and set it up in the baby's nursery! Yay!

We all watched the old Hugh Grant movie, Nine Months, and laughed hysterically. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching it for some light humor regarding pregnancy and delivery.

This last coming month of summer is a busy one and exciting one. We hope to post some updated pictures soon, though I'm waiting as long as possible until our house looks somewhat put together for you to see :)

Lots of love!
Natasha

4 comments:

Lori's Latest said...

I am so happy for you guys! And don't worry about maternity clothes being too big right now. Before long you'll fit in them just fine and eventually they will be too small!! For pants and button skirts that are too small right now, try using an elastic through the button hole and around the button. It works like a charm.
~Lori

Sarah Gomez said...

Congrats Erskines!! This is the first time I've floated to your part of blogdom since we got settled in PA. What a smile crossed my face when I got to the "baby" part of this entry!! Of course I had to scroll down!

Enjoy it!!!

Angela said...

I was SO anxious to fit into my maternity clothes at the beginning and couldn't wait to get out of them at the end. lol.
You're 11 weeks! Almost through your first trimester!!! yay! Have you had much nausea or sickness?
I loved your light hearted update.

Elizabeth said...

Fox Harbor is beautiful...it's just down the road a bit from my parent's cottage in Pugwash. I LOVE ther Nprthumberland Strait...that's home to me!!