30 November 2005

Equality

For anyone who knows me, this post will come as a surprise. I usually tell people that women and men are mostly equal. We are definitely equal in the eyes of the Lord. We're all humans. The differences tend to be biological, mental, and emotional, but in the end there's still no "better" way to be. Or so I thought.

I'll be good to the man who inspired this post, but I was shocked at a man this week who came to me with good intentions for his wife's Christmas present. He is a great guy, so that didn't shock me. What shocked me was his wife approaching me to talk about the present later that day. She was asking where to find the gift and how she could pay for it. I know I'm being vague to protect a very innocent man, but get this - the man was overwhelmed with the "shopping" and, thus, told his wife about it and sent her in his frustration.

Arguably, the wife probably took matters into her own hands (she's a go-getter) when she saw her husband's frustration. Still, though, what is it about guys that cripples us when it comes to some things? Why do department stores, kitchens, home products, and presumably feminine products scare us? Why did my mom take it upon herself to ensure this would not happen to me (in most cases)?

By the way, women, before you start man-bashing and insulting because you're glad a man gave you that leeway, please beware that women don't help men. They take over, occasionally thinking, "Hmmph...men." We've got your number, and I will expose it on this blog if you bash men.

No comments: