03 November 2005

Hockey

If I hear one more person say, "Of course we can act like idiots; it was just a hockey game!" in reference to this past Monday's hockey extravaganza, I'm going to puke. What is that?! Where do we get off, letting our Christian values and examples go out the window over hockey?! People say, "It's just a game; take it easy." Don't tell me to take it easy. I'm not the one going ape over every call the ref makes. I'm not the one going crazy over players. I'm not the one making BBC students, ministers, and Christians in general look like maniacs. Seriously, folks, think about this a second. If you were pastoring a church one day and the Blues came in and saw you, do you honestly think they would give your ministry any credibility after your verbal abuse, cutting taunts, and overreactions? Hockey is hockey, yes, and it gets people fired up. There's a HUGE difference between fired up and ridiculous though. Enjoy the game, and let others do the same.