06 August 2006

Good

Good, so good, the theme of my heart in You.
Good, so good, the theme of Your love for me.

Every time I look I see Your goodness, nothing but goodness.
You're good in so many ways, more ways than I can count.

Your goodness flows from You like a waterfall.
Your goodness surges forth like a rishing wind.
Your goodness plays through my life like a young child in the tall grass.

It's good to see You, to feel Your peace, to share Your love.
It's good to hear You, to know Your mind, to follow Your plans.
It's good to taste You, to speak Your name, to drink Your Spirit.
It's good to smell You, to abide in Your presence, to breathe Your life.
It's good to touch You, to sense You near, to serve only You.

You're my good Creator, my good King, my good Master, my good Brother, my good Father, my good Savior, my good Judge, my good Defender, my good Guide, my good Enabler, my good Empowerer, my good Thoughts, my good Speech, my good Word, my good Protector, my good Author, my good Finisher, my good Humility, my good Love, my good Faithfulness, my good Gentleness, my good Joy, my good Peace, my good Self-Control, my good Patience, my good Kindness, my good Mountaintop, my good Resting Place, my good Shelter, my good Light, my good Provider, my good Musician, my good Everything.

A rainbow of Your goodness colors my life.
Your blood to cover my sin and embarrassment.
Your Holy Spirit fire to ignite my new life in You.
Your sining light that reveals all truth.
Your peaceful pastures in which I feed on You.
Your crystal sea on which I have eternal lakefront property.
Your royal robes to declare a welcome eternal reign.

Your good healing means I am whole in mind, body, emotions, spirit, and will.
Your good mercy means You let me come to You.
Your good grace means You call me good, too.

You are good. Good.

Good.

4 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

If you wrote this (which I think you did) you should put some of the to song. You create such good imagery Lynn. My fav is: Your crystal sea on which I have eternal lakefront property. That is great!

Anywho- we miss you!

Angela said...

That's really good!
(sorry. ;-) couldn't resist.)
Worship on Lynn's blog- I love it!

Erskine said...

Actually I did write this. It's not intended to be a strict poem or song. We were just asked to sit and listen to the Lord in young adults for ten minutes. What I wrote is the worship that came out of that time. BTW, Heather, thanks for the compliment. The lakefront property line came in a flurry of the otehrs, but I liked it when I re-read it, too.

Lor & Josh said...

I am blessed to see the overflow of your ten minutes with Jesus. Imagine what He could have poured out through you had you had an hour! HE IS GOOD!