15 August 2006

He Heard Me

I am overwhelmed with humility and gratitude as I write this very brief post. I feel like David when he wrote, "I waited patiently for the Lord and He heard my cry."

Today I came across a dear friend who asked me directly, "I was praying for you yesterday, and the Lord revealed something to me." My friend told me a heart cry Natasha and I have shared for a little while. I've only recently recognized that my heart has been crying to the Lord, so it's understandable how shocked I was to hear that my friend knew what was on my heart. I choked up for a second or two and thanked God. He really did hear my heart cry. I wasn't even uttering the words, "Lord, we need You," but He heard my heart crying anyway. He loves us. We waited patiently for Him, and He heard us. He listened to us. He reminded us through a friend, "Hey, you two. I'm here. Right here beside you. Loving you." He's good. Unfailingly good. I'm in love with my God, my Rock, my Treasure, my Friend, my Beloved, my Faithful One, my God Who Listens, my God Who Understands, my God Who Doesn't Need My Verbal Words to Love Me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! Just when we are wondering if God is using us or if we really hear His voice He answers us. Jeremiah 1 PTL

Heather Durkee said...

awesome! Thanks for sharing. God loves us so much that He is using other people. Incredible.