04 August 2006

The Lord Will Choose

King David had many enemies in his rise to power and during his kingship. On many occasions one could find the good king praying that God would choose between himself and his enemies. Even on the two occasions in which David could have killed Saul easily, he always told the people with him, "No. God will choose who is faithful between us." I recently prayed something similar when confronted with a spiritual battle at work. Someone with whom I got along relatively well was becoming an enemy below the surface. We still worked together, but I could sense his spirit battling mine, sometimes manifesting itself in outward strife. On the most severe of these occasions I left for the day praying, "Lord, I don't know if I can handle this, but I'm not going to act yet. Please humble me, as I know you're going to honor those of us who are faithful." Suddenly the coworker doesn't work with me anymore. I don't know what happened, but he's gone. I immediately thought of David, realizing that the Lord brought something to light in this situation just like He did in David's situations so many years ago. I'll never know what was brought to light, but I praise the Lord in humility that He has resolved that particular tension!

No comments: