28 August 2006

What Took Him So Long?

It should be clear by now that I think Job had reason to complain. I've only posted a few times about this, but Job was up against a LOT! I, frankly, would have complained more than Job. I would have had much more to say to my friends. One thing I wonder tonight: why did it take so long for Job to address God personally? He said on many occasions, "I question God," or, "I call to God," but it wasn't until 30:20 that the cries became personal. He says, "I cry out to You, O God." He referenced God. He complained about God. He accused God. Yet it wasn't until the conversation was almost over that Job finally addressed God. And God was the One who would listen! Before I get to hard on Job I should admit that I often think about turning to God long before I do it aloud. Here, everyone, is the key to honesty with the Lord in prayer. It's not only turning to God; it's turning quickly to God aloud. Even if you're alone. Aloud. Try it and let us all know how it goes.

No comments: