05 June 2006

Those Who Need to Understand This Will Indeed Understand It

I closed my eyes and saw light. It was strange, so I opened them again. The sun was out, but it wasn't shining through the front window. I closed my eyes again. There it was - the light. It got brighter and brighter as my eyes focused.

As my eyes focused I noticed a form on which the light was shining. I couldn't make out the form; it just looked like a rock. The light was so bright that it reflected off the surface of the rock.

As I focused on the rock-like figure I noticed that an arm of light formed out of the light itself and began moving across the figure. A thin layer of something flaked off the rocky figure when the arm pulled it. Underneath there was a dark gray color - until the light hit it.

Then another arm appeared and starting pulling off the large flakes from the figure. The two arms alternately pulled layers from the figure, exposing something dark. Still, every time the light hit the rock, it became light again. The shape and size of the rock-like figure never changed, but layers were being removed and replaced with light all the time.

I saw that on May 14.

6 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

There is a rule in logic called "Modus Tollens." It goes:
If P then Q.
Not Q.
Therefore, not P.

So,
1. If you need to understand this, then you will understand this.
2. I do not understand this.
3. Therefore, I do not need to understand this.

I rest secure in the logical conclusion that I need not understand this!

JHW said...

Two thoughts:
1)Onions or cakes, they both have layers
2)a possible picture of the Spirit's work in enabling growth in Christlikeness

jen said...

I think I get it...

Erskine said...

If anyone is still looking at the comments, this was a vision. I understand it, but the explanation is frankly unnecessary. It sounds as though I'm not the only one encouraged by it. If I'm wrong to let the interpretation slide, someone please call me on it. Otherwise, I'm letting the Lord's vision stand as His continually living Word to us.

b.rando said...

You're right. You are not the only one encouraged by it. Thanks for sharing, Lynn.

b.rando said...

ummm....this is actually Ang on Brandon's computer...accidentally signed in as him.