29 June 2006

Stirring

My heart was stirred this morning when I read Psalm 147. I re-read some of the verses because they hit me so strongly. They seemed to jump off the page as if the Lord were saying, "This is it! This is what I'm doing!" Of special note is verse two, which says: "The Lord is rebuilding Jerusalem and bringing the exiles back to Israel." I just can't get this off my mind/heart. I think the Lord affirmed in me that He is rebuilding the Church (Jerusalem) and bringing back several people whose faith has been threatened, whose spirits have been in captivity for a long time. I believe He is initiating something unique that is bringing together the true believers in a movement of the Holy Spirit that purifies our trust in Christ and worship of the Father. I believe that He is strengthening our foundation and surrounding us with His strong protection (verse 13). I believe He is giving peace to those of us who long for Him (verse 14). Most importantly, I believe His movement is going to satisfy our hunger (verse 14). Many people in our physical churches attend weekly meetings and wonder if the Lord is as great as the Bible claims. If my stirring is truly coming from the Lord this morning (it is), then I believe He's about to show us that He's even greater than our interpretations. If anyone reads this and can interpret better what the Lord is showing me that He's about to do, please go for it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Praise the Lord!